Saturday, April 27, 2013

Altered Art

Good evening all I just wanted to post my first ever altered art that I did on canvas.  I bought an 8x10 canvas and then glued this beautiful piece of paper to it.  The paper is for the romance Novel collection from Crafty City.  The papers in this collection are all beautiful and was  difficult choice to choose just one.  I cut all the gears out of chip board with my new spellbinders die cut.  I then embossed each of them some with one coat and some with Two coats.  I got the washers from my hubbies stash in the shed.  I took several sizes to put into MY stash.  I also took the nail that goes to his nail gun, didn't think he would miss it to much.  I put a hand brad in the center of the big brad but you can't see it very well in the picture.  The corner pieces are from a spell binders die as well as the other black piece on here.  I distressed the edges of the paper and inked them with a sienna brown color ink.  Glue it all together with tacky glue from Alieens.  So here is my first piece,  Not sure I like it but ok for my first piece.  I will do more as it is addicting. Next one will be with flowers as they are my favorites.  Hope you are all having a great weekend.  That's it for me for this time.  Happy Crafting. 

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing piece, I to love the altered art style, but never sure what to do, hope hubby won't miss his washers......
    Hugs
    Suzy B :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, Hi gal! Love the Altered Piece, very steampunk! Great work for your 1st one. I;m not great at altered stuff... LOL

    Hugs
    Chris B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was looking for the bloghop creation but I leave a comment here instead cause I don't think I find the time to coming back as I have buys week. It's a lovely and fun creation with lots of fun details.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE going "shopping" in hubby's stuff! It is always so funny when he makes me go with him to Lowe's and he can't get me out of the "notions' isle :-)
    stopping by a day late from Cuddlebug Cuties Sunday Linky Party
    Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's really cool! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, such a stunning work, Linda.
    Thanks for sharing.
    hugs,
    Archana

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for looking at my craft world and would love to hear your comments on my work. So please leave me some love.

 This is my image for the blog over at My Scrapbook place.  Come and join us for some fun.  You can find the blog here: https://yourscrapboo...