Followers

Monday, January 7, 2013

Lighthouse Box


This pretty box is my entry for the Challenge at Created With Love Challenges #23.  Which is "Anything but a card". The image is from Cedar Chest Designs  http://www.cedarchestdesigns.com/ who is the sponsor for us for this week.  Be sure to check out there site for lots of great images.  I painted my box with black acrylic paint and left it to dry while I colored my image with water color markers.  I put some aluminum foil folded several times through  my cuttle bug to emboss the foil, I love how it came out, and then I added some glimmer mist of copper color to it. I used Aleene's tacky glue to attach the foil to the box.  I attached the image to the foil with 1/4 in foam dots for demention.  I decided to put the butterfly, cut with a Martha Stewart punch, on with some colored jewels for bling.  I also added but is not really visible three stars on the bottom right side.   I hope you will all come join in the fun with us at Created with Love Challenges this week we would love to have you.  

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful box. I love lighthouses and you did such a beautiful job on coloring this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another awesome creation!!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for looking at my craft world and would love to hear your comments on my work. So please leave me some love.